- To use Te Reo Māori more.
BY ACHIEVING THIS GOAL, I WILL BE ABLE TO...
- improve my confidence in using Te Reo Māori
- make the use of Te Reo Māori something that happens more naturally, and more regularly
- leave comments in books in Te Reo Māori
- teach the students in my class Te Reo Māori
THINGS I CAN DO TO ACHIEVE MY GOAL:
- use the chart to help me remember what to say
- move to using 100% Te Reo Māori when greeting people at the beginning of the day
- keep pushing myself to learn new words and phrases
- use a Māori dictionary when needed
- focus on pronounciating words correctly, including NZ place names
- 24 Jan - I made a chart that I will attach to the front desk in Room 6. This has lots of commonly used words and phrases in Te Reo Māori.
- 10 Feb - I have done very little so far... My morning greetings are usually in Te Reo, but that's about it. It's clear that I need to go over how to do this with the students, so they know how to respond correctly. I need to make a better effort.